One year ago today I decided to start this blog site. I had been going to a LOT of concerts, and had some fun writing album reviews on Facebook, so it made sense to start doing concert reviews as well and to host them on a special site. Now that it’s been here for a year, let’s take a look at what SYpherSights has done well (or not so well). I was just going to post some of these on Twitter, but the character limitations made me put them all into another blog post instead.
Total Views on SYpherSights: 4302
I guess that’s not bad for a local-based newbie who still writes in the age of video blogs.
Most Views on SYpherSights in a Single Day: 107
That was the day after I posted my Linkin Park + 30 Seconds to Mars review. No celebrity retweets as far as I know. So much for this being a hip-hop blog.
Top 5 Countries w/ the Most Views on SYpherSights:
Even though I mostly write about local events, I got views from 66 counties in the first year.
Top 5 Most Viewed Concert Reviews*:
1. The Carnivores Tour (Linkin Park + 30 Seconds To Mars) at the ACC
2. Redman at Rockpile East
3. The Cookout Festival (Apathy + more)
4. Wu-Tang Clan at the Kool Haus
5. The Roots at the Luminato Festival
Shoutouts to In Tha Kut Radio for putting in the social media promotion to get their Cookout Festival into the top 3.
Top 5 Other Articles w/ the Most Views*:
1. Army of the Pharaohs – In Death Reborn Album Review
2. The Top 10 Concerts I Attended in 2013
3. Shad – Flying Colours Album Review
4. The Countdown: Top 30 Favourite Albums of 2013 (Honorable Mentions)
5. Drake – Nothing Was The Same Album Review
The In Death Reborn review is actually the 2nd most viewed overall, but the rest of these are below a lot of my concert reviews.
*Does not include the main SYpherSights home page, which wins by a landslide.
Top 5 Most Viewed Concert Videos on the SYpherSights Youtube Channel:
1. The Roots – Don’t Say Nuthin’ at the 2014 Luminato Festival
2. Hopsin – Fiends Are Knocking at the Kool Haus
3. Linkin Park – In The End at the Air Canada Centre
4. J. Cole – Forbidden Fruit at Massey Hall
5. Jhene Aiko – Higher at the 2013 Manifesto Festival
Before the recent Carnivores Tour (which also has the #6 spot from 30 Seconds To Mars), Snow Tha Product and The Roots were in the running to take that 5th spot.
Top 5 Most “Liked” Concert Videos on the SYpherSights Youtube Channel:
1. Hopsin – Fiends Are Knocking at the Kool Haus
2. 30 Seconds To Mars – Up In The Air at the ACC
3. The Roots – Don’t Say Nuthin’ at the 2014 Luminato Festival
4. Linkin Park – In The End at the ACC
5. Linkin Park – Guilty All The Same at the ACC
And that’s that! Thank you everyone for reading my posts and watching my videos, and of course the artists for all the work they do. Let’s keep it moving for another year! Remember to check out the SYpherSights Youtube channel for more concert videos here, and follow @SYpherSights on Twitter here.